Thursday, February 26, 2009

Reverend Jane S. Lawrence

Hello!
I’m the pastor here at Memorial United Methodist Church. Welcome to our site! We hope to see you in church soon.
I grew up in rural East Texas and came to faith in Jesus Christ at the age of 13 under the revival ministry of the Rev. Jewel McLure and the Local Ministry of Rev. Billy Bonner. Our family life centered in our little church and the folks there were my role models for Christian living. I was richly blessed by local youth ministry and Christian summer camping experiences.
I was educated in Frankston, Texas public school; Southwestern (Methodist) University at Georgetown, Texas; University of Massachusetts at Boston; and Andover Newton Theological School. This grounding in our Methodist traditions and ecumenical training serves me well.
Before coming to Taunton, I served two other churches Pentecost UMC in Brockton and First Methodist UMC in Greenfield, Ma.
Prior to ordination I was a lay minister to youth at Church of All Nations UMC in downtown Boston as a staff member and at Bethany UMC in Roslindale as a volunteer. During those years I was also part of a cooperative United Methodist Youth Ministry called City Lights which provided year-round and summer programming for youth in Boston, Worcester, Springfield, Providence, and Hartford. I have also served as Day Camp Director at Aldersgate Camping and Conference Center in North Scituate, RI.
My call to ministry is grounded in spiritual development and discipleship with a strong emphasis on youth spirituality. Throughout my life, the presence of the Living God has been a source of joy, grace, comfort, strength, and renewal. It is my heart’s desire to share that gift with others and to teach Christians to do the same.

Grace, peace, and blessings to you!
Rev. Jane S. Lawrence (aka “PJ” for Pastor Jane)

No comments:

Post a Comment